Water is supplied by the City of LaGrange through the raw water resources of the Chattahoochee River and West Point Lake Reservoir.
- Water treatment plant has a capacity = 22 million gallons per day (mgd)
- Current usage = 7 mgd, average/ 12 mgd Peak
- 6.6 million gallons finished capacity/5 million gallons of elevated storage
As a result of strategic long range planning by Municipal Electric Association of Georgia, large quantities of electricity are consistently available from our fleet of generating plants at a low cost. Reliability is high.
- LaGrange, with membership in MEAG Power, supplies electricity to industrial, commercial and residential users
- Long range planning by MEAG = large quantities of electricity are consistently available from our fleet of generating plants at a low cost with high reliability
- MEAG owns coal, nuclear, and natural gas generation assets and is a co-owner of the integrated transmission system
Wastewater Sewage Facilities
Wastewater treatment is also provided by the city, which has an excess wastewater and sewerage capacity of 4,000,000 gallons per day.
- Wastewater treatment facility adjacent to industrial park
- Permitted flow limit = 12.5 mgd (monthly average)
- Current flows = 7 mgd/excess capacity ~4 mgd
The City of LaGrange provides reliable, low-cost telecommunications services to area industrial and commercial companies. Our advanced telecommunications systems exceed those of many large metropolitan areas and lead the way for smaller cities.
- LaGrange owns and maintains its own fiber network for commercial and industrial customers
- All internet and telecommunications services are available with ring connection to southeast hub
- Purchased from various producers and marketers; transported by El Paso Energy or Williams - distributed by LaGrange - the price of natural gas is very cost competitive
- Firm gas volumes are purchased under corporate warranted contracts assuring constant supply
- Customers that purchase interruptible gas volumes are rarely curtailed
- Flexible pricing arrangements available for those wishing to 'hedge' their gas supply
Sanitation services are provided by the City of LaGrange, which manages solid waste handling for residents.
- The City's state-licensed landfill ensures a capacity sufficient for many years to come
- LaGrange provides assistance with marketing recyclable materials on site
- Industrial garbage/trash pickup is performed by the City's commercial sanitation services and individual contractors
all utilities available at site boundary